# DenbighshireVolunteers Third Sector Volunteering Network
Terms of Reference
- Name # DenbighshireVolunteers Third Sector Volunteering Network
- The Network’s Aims and Objects
The aim of this Network is to proactively lead on and facilitate initiatives to improve the involvement of volunteers in Denbighshire. The group will focus primarily on:
- Promoting the involvement of volunteers within the third sector in Denbighshire.
- Sharing experience of policy and practice in relation to volunteer management in order to develop and enhance existing practice.
- Sharing learning in relation to new developments within volunteering and related areas.
- Establishing good practice in relation to volunteer involvement in Denbighshire.
- Undertake to develop methods for implementing the sustainable development principles of the Future Generations Act.
Membership of the Network shall be drawn up from representatives of third Sector organisations in Denbighshire and volunteers from these organisations.
Members of the Network will represent the views of their respective organisations. It is the responsibility of individual members to report back and receive the views of their organisations. Members of the Network will be reviewed annually.
- Participation in the Network
# DenbighshireVolunteers Third Sector Volunteering Network is made up of volunteer managers and volunteers from third organisations & community groups in Denbighshire.
Commitment from both the individual and member organisations is required for participation in the Network, in terms of:
- Attending & participating at meetings (including any working groups)
- Sharing information on any developments, initiatives and issues related to the work of the group
- Contributing expertise and specialist knowledge as appropriate
- Promoting & publicising the work of the group within your organisation, networks and membership
- Reading & responding to relevant documents and reports
- Sharing resource materials that contribute to best practice
- Chairing the Network
The Network will be chaired by a member of DVSC.
- Meetings & Reporting
DVSC will arrange all the meetings.
The # DenbighshireVolunteers Third Sector Volunteering Network shall meet four times per year unless otherwise required.
Venues for meeting will rotate across member groups with DVSC responsible for circulating the agenda and action points. Action Points and Agenda papers shall be circulated no less than seven working days before a meeting.
The Volunteering Network may appoint sub groups and shall agree their terms of reference and composition. Action Points, methods of feedback and reports should be presented in agreed format.
The partnership may seek the views of persons, groups or organisations as appropriate.
The Terms of Reference will be reviewed annually.
The work of this Network will be communicated to:
- Volunteer Involving Organisations and members of the Network.
- Organisation’s electronic networks & social media pages.
- Public: through press releases, notice boards, internet, organisational newsletter.
- Respect other members’ views
- Treat other members with respect
- Give equal opportunity for all members to discuss their views
- Conduct discussions in a respectful manner and to not interrupt the speaker or presentation/ presenter
- Give constructive criticism
- Contribute to discussions and adhere to the agenda
- To provide positive support to the activities of the Network
- Endeavour to promote the Network and its’ activities
- Abide by the Terms of Reference of the Network
- Endeavour to be an active member of the Network
- Respect confidentiality